July 14, 2011

Hang your flowers and your coats

My best friend sent me two cute DIY’s over a year ago. I posted the first one immediately then completely forgot to post the second one. I’m a bad friend. But hopefully finally posting this will make up for some of my bad friend-ness…right?

Kristina Marie is really pretty and is the definition of cute (fact). Everything this girl does from the way she dresses to the food she eats to the things she creates is completely fabulous. She’s a pretty great best friend. She saw this coat rack/vase on etsy (I believe?) and decided she was going to put her own spin on it. I asked her to take pictures so I could share it with all of you and she obliged me. Like I said, great friend. I think I’ve gushed enough :). Let’s get started!

IMG_2537

What you’ll need:
-drill
-hardware to attach the finished product to the wall
-hooks
-an old jar to use as a vase
-paint
-scrap wood

How to do it:

1) cut your wood to the desired length and sand it so the edges aren't too rough!
IMG_2531
2) Paint the front and sides whatever color your little heart desires
IMG_2533
IMG_2534
3) Let it dry then rub it with a bit of sandpaper to distress it
IMG_2538
IMG_2545
4) Attach your hooks. You'll want to drill the holes for the screws first...
IMG_2549
IMG_2550
5) Attach your jar. Kristina wanted me to not that this was the most difficult part. She said to make sure the metal circle is fit exactly to size before you screw it on.
IMG_2558
6) Attach the hardware to the back so you can hang it up.
IMG_2554
7) Put some flowers in the vase and admire your hard work :).
IMG_2559

EDIT: She sent me a picture of her project in action :).
Picture 3

If you have questions feel free to leave them in the comments. I’ll harass Kristina until she gives me answers then take credit for coming up with them by myself ;).

If you end up making the project, please share it with me in the comments. I’m sure Kristina will be excited to see what you come up with!!


Note: The cute boy in the pictures doing all the heavy lifting is not Kristina. That’s her boyfriend Sean. He’s a good one.

2 notes:

Anonymous

What a cute idea :)

Malori

It's even cuter with flowers in the vase hanging on her wall! I wish I had a picture to share :)

Designed by Steven Andrew.