July 18, 2011

Weekend Update


I had a great weekend!

IMG_5001

Friday:
I woke up bright and early and took one of my finals for summer school. Then I spent the rest of the day painting my apartment and watching movies on Netflix (who raised their prices. Is anyone else heartbroken? Netflix and I are definitely in a fight right now)

Saturday:
I feel like I've been spending way too much time at home so I decided to venture out a little bit. It was gorgeous out and I had just finished MY LAST FINAL (oh hey summer!) so I grabbed a book and headed up to my roof to lay out. After about 30 minutes I realized it was wayy too hot to lay out so I came back downstairs, changed, and hit the streets. I ended up spending a couple hours perusing books at Barnes and Noble. I don't have any money to buy anything but I had a good time nonetheless. I also added about 25 books to my "to-read" list. Ayee...

Saturday ended in a mini apartment disaster. I came home to find water leaking UP from between our hardwood floors and freaked out. Turns out the central air in our unit (or the one above us or perhaps the one below us) had clogged causing the run-off to leak through our floors. I'm glad it wasn't something more serious but I'm still not happy about it.

Sunday:
Sunday was one of my roommate's birthdays so a few of us headed to the gay beach to celebrate. Did I just say the gay beach...? I sure did. The pictures I took there definitely deserve a post of their own but suffice it to say that the gay beach is a far more colorful place than any regular beach. We spent most of the day there, lost the car for a while afterwards then finally got home with the help of a phone call to my little brother and some mapquest (thank god I wrote down the cross streets where we parked).

I just have two more walls to paint then I'm finished with my living room. I am so excited to share an updated apartment tour with all of you as I get things done. It is starting to look gorgeous :).

How did you spend your weekends!?

xoxo
Mal

0 notes:

Designed by Steven Andrew.