July 25, 2011

Weekend Update


This weekend was really fabulous! I love my weekend updates when I have fun things to share :)...

Kathleen

Friday:
I went to Ikea with two old friends and one awesome new friend (oh hey Kathleen). I got a few things for my apartment and had a great time shopping and getting out of my house. I also drank this delicious sparkling apple drink. It was a top notch day.

Saturday:
I woke up early and headed to the farmer's market. I have been craving this soup that my mom makes so I decided to give it a go with all these wonderful fresh ingredients. It turned out really well (a little bit heavy on the salt but that's okay) and I'll have food for the rest of the week which I love. I also got a chance to grab lunch with an old friend of mine who recently relocated to Chicago. It was so much fun to chat and catch up with him! One of my roommate's had her family in town so I went to Target with them to pick up a few things. Target is a little bit of a hike from my apartment so it was nice to have a ride!

Sunday:
Woke up early again and went to church. I've really been loving this church and I'm excited to get more involved with them. After church I came home on a mission to finish painting my living room...AND I DID! I also made some painfully adorable garland (DIY coming soon) that I can't wait to hang up. I also listened to a lot of Katy Perry during this process.


I have a ton of posts ready to go and SO many more posts in the works pertaining to an awesome new feature I'm putting together and my apartment renovation. This means a TON of DIY projects are coming your way along with a wealth of new recipes and tips for eating well on a budget. Things are about to get so much more exciting here at Sunday Morning Sugar. I noticed that I have some new followers so I want to welcome all of you and encourage you to spread the word. When I hit 250 followers I'll be hosting an awesome giveaway full of my favorite things with a ton of winners!

I'll be back later today with a book post!!

xoxo
Mal

6 notes:

brlracincwgrl

What a fantastic weekend!

I can't wait to see all the new things you have planned! :).

P.S. I have never been to Ikea :(. How sad! I need to make the 2 hour drive to our closest one and check it out!

Malori

You've never been to Ikea!??! GO RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's one of my favorite places on earth. Fact. Totally worth a two hour drive :)

ilene @ muchloveilly

looks like the perfect weekend, friend!! looove ikea!!

Malori

I'm so glad you love Ikea too :))!!!!

Oliviaaa

OH Ikea and Target are like my downfall. I go in for ONE thing and come out a couple hundred dollars less than when I started the trip. i need to budget... and STICK to it.

I love Farmer's Market's. They are something I don't take advantage of enough.

Malori

Olivia, this made me laugh. I'm the same way! I was just talking to my friend this morning about how difficult it is to go to Target and just get what you need!! I love that I'm not the only one who suffers from that!

Designed by Steven Andrew.