August 2, 2011

Dark Rye with Strawberries


So everyone has been saying that they can't stand the thought of turning their oven or stove on during the summer to make some food. I don't share this sentiment because, growing up in Arizona, I'm used to cooking in the heat! However, I will say that throwing together something healthy and delicious without having to cook it is extremely convenient so I thought I'd share my most recent favorite snack with all of you.

Bread, Butter, and Berries

What you'll need:
-Dark Rye Bread (or any kind of bread that you like. Sourdough is delicious too!)
-Strawberries (or raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, etc.)
-Almond Butter (or peanut butter)

How to do it:

1) Toast the bread
2) Spread the almond butter onto one side of your toast
3) Arrange the sliced berries onto the bread and enjoy!

Easy, right!? It's really yummy, totally customizable, and good for you! You really can't beat that.

0 notes:

Designed by Steven Andrew.