August 1, 2011

Weekend Update


This weekend was a little lazy but very productive in terms of getting my apartment put together!

Master Bedroom

Friday:
I had an interview with United Colors of Benetton. That was pretty much the highlight of the day as the rest of the day was spent at home or at the grocery store. I cooked some delicious dinner and put together a DIY for all of you!!

Saturday:
I woke up early and checked out a cute fabric shop I've been wanting to go to for a while. I spent way too much money and came home with fabric to use in my living room. I made four zippered covers for pillows on my couch and had a second interview with Benetton. And guess what!? I GOT THE JOB! Saturday was a good day :).

Sunday:
I went to church and the message was about being a single woman in Chicago. It was awesome. I won't bore you with my opinions on the single life and city life and the loneliness that comes with it all right now (though I can't make any promises for the future) but it was a sermon that I really needed to hear. After church, I went and got a drug test (required as a pre-screening for my new job and so awkward. Needless to say I'm not a drug-testy kind of gal...) then I came home and settled back into my apartment-renovation. I started moving furniture from my current bedroom into my new bedroom and reorganizing my shelves so they're more aesthetically appealing. I can not wait to start sharing the grand tour with all of you.

So how did you spend your weekend??

xoxo
Mal

7 notes:

mel

Benetton requires a drug test?
Wow, that's intense.
btw, I don't know if I ever knew you're in Chicago!
Steve and I might be going in Sept. Any advice? Things we should see? blogger meet-ups? ;)

Malori

haha they sure do!! I was surprised as well and instantly nervous because I'm a pretty private person and wasn't exactly psyched about the idea of peeing in a cup. I have about a zillion restaurant suggestions and I'd love to meet up if our schedules match!! Shoot me an email and I'll give you my Chicago suggestions :). (Sundaymorningsugar@yahoo.com)

Oliviaaa

I feel like everyone in the blog-o-sphere has just moved, is moving, or actively looking to move. I still have two months before its my time! Icant wait to rennovate, decorate a new place! guess i'll just live through you for the time being! :]

little

very awkward drug test. but CONGRATS on the job!

love, little.

Malori

Olivia: I actually didn't move which ended up being okay because all the decorating has made my apartment feel like a totally new space anyways. Feel free to live vicariously through me though :)

Little: Thank you! And yes... so awkward on the drug test...

J.Mill

Malori - What church do you attend? If it's small and you'd rather not say (like someone might find you there - ah!), then you can disregard. I go to Park and am curious about the single-ladies sermon!

Malori

J.Mill: I go to Urban Village Church. It's AWESOME. I feel like every week they have something fabulous to say. I lovee love it. I've also been to Park before which is a good church too!

Designed by Steven Andrew.