October 11, 2011

Stuffed Mushrooms


A few weeks ago I had leftovers from various recipes that needed to be cooked otherwise they would go bad so I decided to make a franken-meal. I googled the names of the ingredients I had on hand and decided to make some stuffed mushrooms.

stuffed mushrooms

And guess what? They're delicious. And somewhat good for you... Whaaat!? Mushrooms are healthy :)!

stuffed mushrooms

Hot Stuffed Cremini Mushrooms (found over here)

What you need:

8 ounces cremini mushrooms, washed & stemmed
1 large jalapeno, minced
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded (reserve 1/4 cup)
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
salt and pepper, to season caps

stuffed mushrooms

How to do it:

1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Mix jalapeno, onion, garlic, and 1/4 cup parmesan into butter.
3) Place caps on a bake sheet and season to taste w salt/pepper.
4) Fill caps with butter mixture.
5) Sprinkle remaining 1/4 parmesan over all the caps.
6) Sprinkle 1/4 of bread crumbs over the parmesan coated caps.
7) Bake for 15 minutes or until mushrooms give up juices.
8) Broil to crisp up topping if not to satisfaction.

xoxo
Mal

6 notes:

Macy

I have to say I love these menu/recipe updates so much!

Next time you need to use up random ingredients--try out supercook.com

You tell it what ingredients you have on hand, and it finds recipes from all over the internet that use up those ingredients. I've been using it for over 5 years--its so amazing!

Malori

I'll definitely have to give it a try! Usually I just google the names of the ingredients I have and see what comes up but your way seems so much more sophisticated.... :)

Sharmaine Ruth

That looks delicious! I am so definitely going to try this sometime soon :)

<3 Sharmaine Ruth
underpeachtrees.blogspot.com

Malori

I love that you like the recipes I post. I can always count on one "Yum" from you :). Thanks so much lady!!

Jasmin

I'm going to have to try this one! it looks SO delicious! Thanks for the dinner idea tonight ;)

http://thatflowernamedjasmin.blogspot.com/

Malori

Let me know how it turns out for you!!

Designed by Steven Andrew.