A few weeks ago I had leftovers from various recipes that needed to be cooked otherwise they would go bad so I decided to make a franken-meal. I googled the names of the ingredients I had on hand and decided to make some stuffed mushrooms.
And guess what? They're delicious. And somewhat good for you... Whaaat!? Mushrooms are healthy :)!
Hot Stuffed Cremini Mushrooms (found over here)
What you need:
8 ounces cremini mushrooms, washed & stemmed
1 large jalapeno, minced
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded (reserve 1/4 cup)
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
salt and pepper, to season caps
How to do it:
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Mix jalapeno, onion, garlic, and 1/4 cup parmesan into butter.
3) Place caps on a bake sheet and season to taste w salt/pepper.
4) Fill caps with butter mixture.
5) Sprinkle remaining 1/4 parmesan over all the caps.
6) Sprinkle 1/4 of bread crumbs over the parmesan coated caps.
7) Bake for 15 minutes or until mushrooms give up juices.
8) Broil to crisp up topping if not to satisfaction.