November 16, 2011

Stuffed Peppers


One of my absolute favorite things to eat is a stuffed pepper. I recently found a recipe for "grain and garbanzo stuffed peppers" over on Fresh365 (which is one of the best food blogs out there). Let me just emphasize how ridiculously delicious these were. I just made a few changes to my recipe from Erin's so read on to make some really wonderful dinner for yourself.

Stuffed Peppers

Stuffed Bell Peppers
slightly adapted from Fresh 365

What you need:
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup uncooked white rice
3 large bell peppers (I used red)
2 tsp olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1 small squash, chopped
2 tsp thyme leaves
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
3 T tomato paste
15.5-oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 c crumbled feta cheese

Stuffed Peppers
I followed the directions for preparation over on Fresh365 so head over there for the end of the recipe :)!
Stuffed Peppers

I found that the recipe makes a lot more filling than will fit in the peppers but that's okay because it's delicious all by itself! I've considered making another round of filling just to eat as a snack :)!

If you like stuffed peppers, this is for you.

xoxo
Mal

0 notes:

Designed by Steven Andrew.