November 1, 2011

Zucchini Chips


I love zucchini. That's something you might not know about me. I think it's pretty great and I usually can't resist a recipe where the headlining ingredient is one of these little guys. So, its no surprise that when I came across zucchini chips I immediately knew I needed to try it.

zucchini chips

Again, I made this meal on an evening where I was running low on food and trying to use up leftover things in my cabinet! I'm telling you guys, sometimes the yummiest things come from leftovers.

So here's how you make this magic in your own kitchen:
(original recipe found here)

zucchini chips

ingredients:

1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons fat-free milk
2 1/2 cups (1/4-inch-thick) slices zucchini (about 2 small)
Cooking spray

zucchini chips

the method behind the madness:

Preheat oven to 425°.

Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Place milk in a shallow bowl. Dip zucchini slices in milk, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Place coated slices on an ovenproof wire rack coated with cooking spray; place rack on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes or until browned and crisp. Serve immediately.


I didn't have an oven rack so I just cooked them on a regular pan and flipped them a few times during their cooking. I imagine they would have been a bit crisper if I had the right tools but I'm not made of money (and I'm out of space in my tiny kitchen). All in all I'd say these bad boys were very tasty!

Let me know if you give them a try.

xoxo
Mal

2 notes:

steph kelly

thanks for posting this recipe! i tried them tonight and they were delicious! i modified it a little based on what i already had at home, and used breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, pepper, and garlic salt for the dry mix. so tasty :)

Malori

I'm so excited you tried it and liked it!! Pretty delicious, right!?

Designed by Steven Andrew.