April 3, 2012

Asian Style Mushroom and Tomato Pasta

Over spring break my meals were all about ease. I spent most of my time lounging or working and I was even able to squeeze in a few crafts. This delicious lunch was scrapped together using leftovers from various recipes I had made the week before and it is absolutely wonderful. I didn't list amounts for the recipe because I kind of mix it up every time I make it. Change things to suit your taste!

mushroom tomato pasta

What you'll need:
-Rice Noodles -1 tablespoon sesame oil
-a few glugs of olive oil
-1/2 onion diced
-1 tablespoon sesame seeds
-a pinch of red pepper flakes (or more if you're feelin' spicy)
-2 cloves minced garlic
-a handful of shiitake and cremini mushrooms, sliced
-a handful of cherry tomatoes, halved

mushroom tomato pasta
How to make the magic happen:

1) Cook your rice noodles in salted water

2)Heat your olive and sesame oils in a large saute pan. Add the onion, sesame seeds, and red pepper flakes. Saute until the onions are soft and the red pepper flakes are fragrant.

3) Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Then add your mushrooms and saute until they are browned. It should take 3 minutes or so.

4) Finally, add the cherry tomatoes. Mix everything up and saute them until they are soft and heated all the way through.

5) Your noodles should be done by now so drain them but reserve a bit of the cooking water. Add the reserved water and the noodles to the saute pan with your veggies and mix everything up.

xoxo
Mal

0 notes:

Designed by Steven Andrew.