April 13, 2010

Ear Warmer DIY

YAY A DIY! Are you as excited as I am?! This really is not useful for the spring and summer months at all but I'm going to share it anyways because I've never created my own pattern before and I'm beyond excited about it. I'm going to be making a lot of these for my shop in the fall so if you can't knit and you want one of your own, never fear, I've got you covered.

Cabled Ear Warmer

What you'll need:
-size 13 (9.0mm) knitting needles
-super bulky yarn, I used Burley Spun wool from the Brown Sheep Company (here!) I used the oatmeal color and I love it!
-a cable needle
-a yarn needle for finishing

I'm going to try and make this as simple as possible but there are no guarantees.

Row 1: cast on 12 stitches
Row 2: sl 1, p1 k1, (k1 p1 k1) to end
Row 3: sl 1, k1 p1, (p1 k1 p1) to end
Row 4: repeat row 2
Row 5: repeat row 3
Row 6: sl 1, p1 k1, sl next 3 st onto cable needle, k1 p1 k1. Then, using the three stitches on the cable needle k1 p1 k1. k1 p1 k1
Row 7: as row 3
Row 8: repeat rows 2-7 until desired length

to finish:
cast off
Sew the ends together using a basket stitch

Let me know if you give it a try! Or if there is anything I can do to make the pattern easier to understand, I would like to know that as well :)

xoxoxo
malori

0 notes:

Designed by Steven Andrew.