April 1, 2010

First week blues

This first week back at school has been ROUGH on me. I'm still not feeling very good (maybe allergy residue?), homework is piling up around me, and the weather is beautiful so all I want to do is lay on the beach. I've skipped two classes this week which is extremely out of character for me. And I've been slacking on my blogging, again, not something I like to do. Hopefully the following weeks will be a lot better than this one. Having said that....

Yesterday was so nice (weather-wise). I woke up to sunshine, threw on a dress and headed to class. We had a sub and she taught me all kinds of knitting tips and tricks. I have an idea for my Etsy shop with one of the techniques she showed me and I can't wait to get started on it. I'm finally starting to feel a little bit crafty again and I can't wait to take advantage of the inspiration and motivation I have while it's still around.
As soon as class was over, I hurried home to heat up some left-overs and pack a picnic bag. My lovely roomie and I set off to Grant park for a lunch in the sun. Here are some pictures, they're a little blurry because my camera is broken...again...Gee thanks Sony.






I'm trying to market myself a little bit more and even though I'm poor, I'd love to keep spreading the word about my blog. Soo, I made a facebook page for my blog and peer pressured all my friends into joining and supporting me. It would be wonderful if you joined and did the same! Who said peer pressure is bad? You can find the page here.

Also, I'm not sure if the formspring craze has died down or what, but if you ever have a question for me, feel free to leave it on there. I read every comment that you leave on my posts (about a million times each. I get way too excited about them, truly), but I don't have a whole lot of time to reply. If you want a reply, formspring is the way to go! The question box is on the right side of my page (right by my google connect, don't forget to become a follower!).

Hmmm....what else... I'm FINALLY going to have time this weekend to get caught up on my knitting. I owe a lot of people knit goods and I can't wait to knock them out while I'm feeling creative (like I already said...)

Also...a sneak peek at my crayon craft...


That's all kids!
Have a wonderful Thursday
xoxoxo
Malori

2 notes:

Unknown

Hey Malori, I was wondering if you have read the book Friday Night Kitting Club? I just purchased it for my nook and I thought of you when I did. I was also a little bummed I haven't seen you in a while. Maybe sometime this summer we can catch up.

-Nikole Brasch

The Beso Team

Dear Malorie,

Thank You for entering the Beso Hunter Boot contest. I hope you are given the opportunity own a pair of these violet Hunter's. They would be a great addition to any wardrobe for those cold and rainy Chicago days.

Thank You and Good Luck!
The Beso Team
http://www.beso.com/style-director-contest/

Designed by Steven Andrew.