August 26, 2010

Yesterday was a wonderfully productive day

This week has been almost entirely devoted to tying up loose ends for the launch of my knits. Yesterday was no exception. I started the day off by knitting half of another hat then I went to go get my hair done. I LOVE IT!


(note: My bangs aren't cut straight across, I just think it's fun to take pictures like that)

After I got my hair cut, I watched some Cold Case, knit more of the hat, and made myself a DELICIOUS lunch.


Make it yourself!

Ingredients:
-Really seedy whole grain bread
-spinach
-white bean hummus
-cherry tomatoes
-deli turkey
-cottage cheese

1) Toast your bread, spread a layer of hummus on it, then pile on the spinach, turkey, and tomatoes.
2) Throw a bit of cottage cheese on your plate and you're good to go.

I think the flavor was missing something but I couldn't put my finger on what exactly it was. Let me know if you try it and any additions you make to yours :).

After lunch I went to take pictures of the kids knits I have going in my shop. One of the families I babysit for was kind enough to let me use their kids as models and they were SO SO SO CUTE! It's so fun to be around people who are so enthusiastic about everything. They kept telling me I was so professional and I thought that was hilarious since I have no idea what I'm doing. I thought I'd share a photo with you from the mini-shoot I had with them :).


SUUUCHHH a fun day! Today I have a lot more work to do for the shop. While I'm busy with my knitting needles, you should enter my giveaway! It closes tomorrow at midnight so be sure to get your entries in.

xo
Mal

2 notes:

AmericanDreamerGirl

Here are some ideas to add to this sandwich and kick it up a bit:

Horseradish
Fresh basil leaves
A sprinkling of fresh chopped cilantro
Or a sprinkling of coriander seed
Pumpkin seeds
Capers
Sweet dill pickles

You could even season the cottage cheese with coriander seed or other spices. Bon appetit!

P.S. I love your blog and the earrings from your store, JacquesandJill!!

Malori

You are wonderful! I'm definitely going to give that a try :). Thank you so much!

Designed by Steven Andrew.