October 15, 2010

Hold on to Summer


Is anyone ready for winter? I mean, really. Anyone? Because I'm definitely not. My lovely best friend Kristina Marie makes these CUTEE flowers out of scrap fabric and old clothes and after months of begging she finally sent me pictures of how to put one together :). In the spring and summer you can attach a bobby pin to the back of them and wear them in your hair but in the winter I'd suggest attaching a pin to the back and dressing up your hats/scarves.

She just sent me a bunch of pictures so I'm going to let them do the talking :).
Hair Flower DIY
Hair Flower DIY
Hair Flower DIY
Hair Flower DIY
Hair Flower DIY
Hair Flower DIY
Hair Flower DIY
Hair Flower DIY
I almost forgot! She did offer me one bit of advice for readers who don't sew. She said the worse you are at sewing, the better because it gives the flower texture when you do a sloppy job with your stitches. So this project is for ANYONE! If you give it a try, be sure to show me the link so I can check it out.

And don't miss the mini-giveaway for my birthday right here.

xo
Mal

1 notes:

Emma Jade

That would look really cute as a pin on a scarf! Love it!

Designed by Steven Andrew.