November 8, 2010

A Wolf at the Table


I'm pretty sure I've already talked about this book, but I think it's worth another mention because it is one of the most beautifully written books I've ever had the pleasure of reading (twice). Augusten Burroughs is probably my favorite author. The way he puts words together is just so stunning. Whenever I read a book I mark my favorite passages and compile them into a huge word document and without fail, when I read this book I have like 30 passages that I love.
If you have never had the pleasure of reading his work, I would strongly suggest it. Some other titles by Mr. Burroughs include Dry, Running With Scissors, Magical Thinking, and Possible Side Effects. He has a couple books out that I haven't read yet but judging from his other work, I'm sure it is incredible.

Do any of you have a favorite author? I'd love to hear about them :).

I'll be back soon with day 3 of the outfit challenge!
xo
Mal

5 notes:

Anonymous

I love Madeleine L'Engle!!!
My favorite is Troubling a Star and also A Ring of Endless Light - I've read them both more than 4 times! They're more early high school reading level, but sooo good!
I also really enjoy Isabel Alende and Amy Tan
I'll have to go look up Augusten Burroughs :)

Unknown

A.J Jacobs! A must read: The Year of Living Biblically. Hilarious! (As are all his books.)

Possible Side Effects and Magical Thinking have been my fave two by Augusten Burroughs so far. It took me forever to notice the extra finger on the cover for Possible Side Effects. I didn't even realize it was there.

Another great author is David Sedaris. Also hilarious.

justine.

You should read "Look Me in The Eye" its written by Burroughs brother who didn't know he has Asbergers until he was 40. Its really cool to get a look into both authors eyes. GREAT read.

Mugdha

Found you while wormholing through blogs, and saw this! I loved Running With Scissors, and I haven't read this yet, but you've convinced me. You should check out Looking for Alaska by John Green

Mallory

I did the same thing with my favorite book passages for YEARS. YEARS I tell you. Hundreds of pages..... and then my computer died and I lost everything, because by some fluke that was one of the few documents that I didn't have backed up.

Miserable. But I'm so glad to know that you do the same thing! I've never met anyone else who does that.

This past summer I thought I'd try to recompile all of the passages, and started going through all of my books.... but it was just taking up way too much time. I only got through about a 10th of them before I realized that it would take me like a year to finish the project. So that was the end of that. Sigh.

Designed by Steven Andrew.