December 17, 2010

I'M FREEEEEEE



I finished my last final this morning so I am officially finished for this semester. In the spring I am taking 18 credit hours (oyee) so I am trying to soak up every minute of relaxation this break has to offer :).

I apologize for my absence the past few days. I always disappear during finals. It's almost unavoidable. Seriously during finals I don't have time to shower, let alone do anything exciting like cook or blog. I'm about to contradict myself below by offering a little recipe I came up with during this week. Since I've had no time, I've been eating a lot of quick meals. This one is easy and delicious. I am a HUGE fan of pizza and sandwiches. Why, you ask. Because you can do ANYTHING with either of these foods and come up with something delicious. Whenever I need to get rid of a lot of ingredients at once I make a pizza. This is my own little lavosh pizza that was the perfect study snack this week.

Mozzarella Lavosh Pizza
lavosh pizza
Here's what you need:
-flatbread or lavosh
-whole tomatoes, sliced
-fresh mozzarella medallions
-sharp chedder cheese
-havarti
-salt and pepper for flava'

Here's how you do it:
lavosh pizza

1) Preheat your oven to 350.
2) layer your cheeses and sliced tomatoes on the lavosh. Rememeber that cheese melts into a puddle of wonderful so you don't need to get too crazy with this.
3) throw a little salt n' peppa on it
4) bake for 10 minutes

This is the part where I say you can add anything to this to make it suit your tastes. You really can though! I'd say some hot italian sausage would be a fantastic addition. Just remember to adjust your cook times accordingly for whatever ingredients you choose to add.

I'll be spending the rest of my evening relaxing and trying to regain some energy. Sorry if this post was a bit scattered. Just a reflection of how I've been feeling!

xo
Mal

2 notes:

justine.

this looks DELISH! must try!!

nickeles

I don't mean to barrage your recipes with comments.. but I am just discovering this blog of yours. I can't believe you kept this secret from me. Anyways, 2 things.

1. I've never had lavosh, we must chat about this.

2. "I'd say some hot italian sausage would be a fantasic addition" - music to my ears, especially with the (inadvertent) double entendre

Designed by Steven Andrew.