February 2, 2011

Snow day snow day


Right now I'm making pasta. While I'm letting the dough rest, I figured I'd do a quick post for you :).

Since it's a Wednesday, I don't have any events planned for 28 days of love. I'm excited about that because I have some fun things to tell you!

First:

I worked for a while yesterday and got to meet Peggy Skemp. If you've been following for a while, you know that I am a huge fan of her jewelry and desperately want a piece of my own. Turns out, she's freaking awesome. I was a little starstruck meeting her but she is one of the sweetest people I've ever met and we clicked right away. She brought some of her new designs and now, in addition to the heart locket, I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to own one of these rings.
Amazing, right?

We ended up closing work early because the snow was starting to come down in droves. Luckily I don't have a car so I didn't have to worry about driving around in the scary weather but it was quite a task to walk home! I had a throbbing headache last night so I read for like 5 hours (not kidding) then watched a couple shows on the Cooking Channel (which is actually what I'm watching right now too!). Since I'm trapped inside today, I'm going to cook/bake all day.

For breakfast I made some killer poached eggs the Julie & Julia way.
Right now I'm making some fresh pasta (as I said in the beginning of the post)
Next I'm going to throw together some of my favorite frosted brownies.
And later I'm going to make swiss and mushroom hamburgers on a pretzel bun.

What better activity for a snow day then to cook all day long?

When I'm done cooking I'm going to go out and take some pictures in the snow!!

How are you spending your day?

xo
Mal

1 notes:

Chrissy

Everything sounds delicious! I'm coming over!

Designed by Steven Andrew.