July 26, 2011

Fresh Vegetable Soup


I've never really been to a Farmer's Market before this summer. When I moved here from Arizona, I was really excited to buy my fruits and veggies at the Farmer's Market so I could support local farmers and get some delicious fresh food. I've been having a craving for this vegetable soup my mom used to make while I was growing up so I figured I'd make my own using tons of fresh veggies from the Farmer's Market. It's REALLY simple and totally customizable so I wanted to share with you!!
Vegetable Soup
Here's what you need:
-Tons of fresh veggies
-Vegetable/Chicken/Beef Stock. Your choice!
Vegetable Soup
How to do it:
1) Chop up all of your veggies. I used green beans, cauliflower, red potatoes, onions, and corn.
2) Add all of your chopped veggies and stock to a giant pot, bring to a boil, then simmer till the veggies are tender. I used two cups of stock then filled the rest of the pot with water but you can use as much or as little as you'd like. This is really delicious if you throw in carrots and some kind of sausage as well. The sky is the limit with what you choose to add!!
Vegetable Soup

Deeeelicioussss!!!! I hope you enjoy it :)

xoxo
Mal

4 notes:

little

yummy. that looks and sounds delicious.

love, little.

San

I LOVE veggie soup. It's so easy and healthy! :)

Malori

Little--it was fabulous :). I'll be eating it all week because I made a TON

San--I agree :)! It's the best!

Oliviaaa

This looks so perfectly simple. I live inland a bit and it's blazing this summer... definitely adding it to my fall/winter recipe list!

Designed by Steven Andrew.