September 20, 2011

Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce


I have been on a huge prosciutto kick recently. You're about to see a lot of prosciutto-y goodness pop up here on the blog but I promise you'll enjoy it. You might try to tell me that its expensive but it's really not that bad. I think I paid $4 for per-packaged prosciutto and it lasted me two weeks and through about 7 different recipes which I'd say is pretty damn economical. That's enough of my prosciutto rant... Onto the recipe!

Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus

This concoction is a hybrid between a few recipes I have on reserve. One, I believe, is from a really old issue of Martha Stewart or Real Simple (not sure which...) and the other I saw on Kelsey's Essentials. Note that the hollandaise is optional. I pour that delicious sauce onto a LOT of foods where I'm sure it really doesn't belong so if it's not your cup of tea, feel free to avoid it :).

ingredients:
-asparagus
-prosciutto
-olive oil
-salt & pepper
-hollandaise sauce** optional!

Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus

how to make the magic happen:

1) Preheat your oven to 400.
2) Snap the ends off of your asparagus and put them into groups of three.
3) Using one strip of prosciutto for each asparagus bundle, wrap your asparagus together. Try to be firm when wrapping them but not too forceful because your prosciutto will tear.
4) Drizzle the ends of your asparagus bundles with olive oil and throw some salt and pepper over everything.
5) Bake your asparagus for 10 minutes. When they come out of the oven, you can drizzle them with some hollandaise sauce or leave them plain. They're delicious both ways :).

Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus

xoxo
Mal

P.S.
I'm feeling a bit under the weather today so I'll be in bed doing homework and watching the cooking channel. Sucks for me, great for you. I'm sure I'll have about 100 new recipes saved by the end of the day :).

2 notes:

erin e flynn

omg this looks SO good.

Malori

I can't talk it up enough. It is SOO so So so So delicious. Plus, it's really simple to make which, I think, just makes it taste better :)

Designed by Steven Andrew.