November 29, 2011

Pomegranate


One of my favorite parts about traveling is eating in new places (or old favorites!). Every time I'm in Phoenix I make it a point to hit a few key restaurants and one of those is Pomegranate. It's an organic, vegetarian place with great branding, an adorable atmosphere, and some really unique desserts.


The dish I always used to order is no longer on the menu (heartbreak!!!) so I branched out a tried something a little different. I was not disappointed.

Pomegranate

My dish was called The Dragon Bowl and was full of a wide array of fresh, stir-fried veggies and tofu. Does anyone know what those greens on top were? They were awesome! Underneath those were veggies like yellow squash, zucchini, bright and colorful bell peppers, slivers of perfectly cooked onion, and quinoa (which isn't a veggie but is definitely worth a mention). It's also worth noting that their tofu always has a wonderful texture to it.

If you're in Phoenix I would really recommend this spot for a cute breakfast or lunch. They also have awesome iced tea (I always get the pomegranate green tea) and killer "cowgirl" cookies. I'm not sure what they put in those cookies but one of the ingredients is probably crack/cocaine because I am addicted...

Do you have any restaurants that you love to visit when you go home? (Assuming you live away from home!)

6 notes:

Anonymous

Hah, this looks really delicious, although I'm not a fan of the crack/cocaine in the cookies, hah!
I don't live away from home, so I can't say I love coming back to a place! :\

Malori

hahahahaha your comment made me laugh so hard. I suppose crack cookies aren't for everyone... ;)

Vic

I know what you mean! Whenever I visit home me and my mum always go to this cute little cafe that we once found by accident. They make THE best grilled cheese and serve tea in teapots - I love it!

Courtney Paul

Those are micro greens the sell them at Trader Joes! Its just like sprouts of a bunch of different veggies.

Malori

Thanks Court!! They're so yummy :)!

Pasco Electricians

This was llovely to read

Designed by Steven Andrew.