November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving


This year my family's Thanksgiving was really low-key. It has recently become a tradition for my dad and I to prepare dinner while my older brother lounges around, my mama runs in a turkey trot 10k race, and my little brother sleeps in. It's one of my favorite things to do with my dad. Everything from building the menu to grocery shopping to executing the meal on the big day makes me so happy!

Thanksgiving 2011
(our table)

Since there are only five people in my family, we kept the menu pretty small. We made the classics like mashed potatoes, candied yams, stuffing, and green bean casserole. We also made some unusual recipes like a wild rice dish with mushrooms and cranberries. It was a really delicious dinner. I didn't take any pictures of the food but I did manage to grab one of the Turkey (thanks dad!).

Thanksgiving 2011

For dessert I decided to go the less traditional route and make a Pear Crumble with Pomegranate Sauce. Kelsey Nixon is one of my absolute favorite celeb chefs and this recipe from her did not let me down. It was delicious! The best part is that it was light enough that even after eating far too much at dinner I enjoyed having that sweet bite of crumble :).

Thanksgiving 2011

For my American readers, how did you spend your Thanksgiving? I hope it was a wonderful day!

xoxo
Mal

2 notes:

Anonymous

Man that looks delicious! :)
I had a really really low-key Thanksgiving.. just my parents and I. :)
Glad it was a great day!

brlracincwgrl

The wild rice dish sounds delicious!

I spent the afternoon with my Mom, Nana, and my boyfriend! Very low key but that's how I like it!

Designed by Steven Andrew.