December 6, 2011

Acorn Squash Pizza


One of my favorite celeb chefs is Giada DeLaurentiis. I love her show, Everyday Italian, and can't even count how many of her wonderful recipes I've whipped up since I started cooking. Italian food is one of my all-time favorite foods so it's not a surprise that I love her so much!

The other day I was watching Giada while I was working out and she made this delicious-looking pizza. On my way home from work the next day I picked up the ingredients and tried to make the pizza for myself. The verdict? IT WAS DELICIOUS.

First, look how cute acorn squash is. The scalloped shape on the edges gives the cut squash a flower-like look that I love. I would eat it just for that!
Acorn Squash and Gorgonzola Pizza

Secondly, the fresh arugula on top looks heavenly and tastes just as good.

Finally, the combination of cheese gives this pizza the most unique flavor. I ended up eating wayy too much of it and falling into a bit of a food coma for the rest of the night... Be warned!
Acorn Squash and Gorgonzola Pizza

Before moving to Chicago I don't think I've ever really eaten squash. Now it's one of my favorite things. Acorn, butternut, spaghetti, or just plain yellow squash--whichever way you spin it, I'm a fan! Do you have any great squash recipes I should try!?

0 notes:

Designed by Steven Andrew.