January 28, 2012

Meal-Planning


I've been seeing tons of meal-planning posts pop up in the blog world recently. I've been meal-planning ever since I started buying my own groceries--what else do you expect from a perpetual list-maker? Also, how do you know what to buy if you don't know what you're planning to make!!

(I've had this saved on my computer forever -- a little meal planner printable! I'm not sure of the source anymore so if someone knows I'd love to link it.)

I thought it might be fun to post my weekly menu (generally I just tweet it) so that you can follow along if you'd like. I usually pick out three meals for the week and eat something simple or leftovers for the other meals. Here we go!

Quinoa and Cheese
Hominy and Black Bean Chili
Spicy Roasted Broccolini Quinoa Salad

For lunch I'm stocking up on veggies to make my kick-ass winter salad. I'm sure there will be TONS of leftovers from my chili so that will last me most of the week :).

Do any of you meal-plan? How do you lay out your week? I like to have the freedom to change things up so I never really specify a day for certain meals. I also like to save bigger dinners for nights when I'm feeding friends -- it just seems like the nice thing to do!

Have a wonderful Saturday!!

xoxo
Mal

3 notes:

brlracincwgrl

I've attempted the meal planning before, but it never seems to work out for me! We never know what we want to eat from day to day, so I just keep a very well stocked pantry! That works best for me :)

Malori

That's always a good plan. I mostly meal plan so I'm sure I'll be trying new recipes. It also keeps my grocery bills a little lower and keeps fresh ingredients from spoiling.

I agree that it's good to have a well-stocked pantry though!! Especially for your favorites/basics :)

Claire

i should plan meals more, i end up shopping in little bits every day thinkoing about what to buy for tea, i should sit down and write a list once a week it would save a lot of stress!

Designed by Steven Andrew.